You certainly have questions regarding Fyllde products or CBD in general. Here is a quick guide covering several topics:
- an explanation of what CBD is
- the status of research on the medical benefits of CBD
- why CBD is 100% legal in the UK and EU and why it has nothing to do with THC
- how Fyllde products stand out from others
If you don’t find answers please feel free to contact us via email at email@example.com –
Cannabidiol is a hemp compound that may have significant wellness benefits, but does not make people feel “stoned”. the World Health Organization considers it safe, non-addictive, and without side effects. On top of that, CBD is legal in all European countries.
CBD starts to be widely use as a food supplement by people who report a positive impact on anxiety, sleep quality, inflammation and pain [the scientific research is in progress with very promising preliminary results, see next section].
In cosmetics, Cannabidiol is know for nourishing the skin, protecting against oxidation while regulating sebum . In short, CBD is the perfect ingredient for developing natural creams and cosmetics. [Check out this blog post]
The research on CBD is just at the beginning. Until recently, the medical world indeed thought that THC [the compound responsible for the “high” effect of marijuana] was responsible for medical benefits of Cannabis Sativa L. But some doctors re-discovered hemp and CBD a few years ago in the United States.
Most of the research so far is focused on the effects on epilepsy. All studies show that CBD reduces the seizures drastically with very little side effects as compared to regular treatments [Source: Health Day news]
With the increasing popularity of CBD and the large investments from agro and pharma companies, the scientific research is currently in full swing. In a few years we’ll have a complete understanding of how CBD impacts several conditions. Here are a few interesting readings on what we know so far:
- “CBD: what we know and what we don’t” [Harvard Health, Peter Grinspoon, MD – 2018]
- “CBD: a critical review” [World Health Organisation, Expert Committee – 2018]
A group of experts from the WHO gathered all conclusions from the research on CBD in this report from June 2018: “CBD: a critical review” [World Health Organisation, Expert Committee – 2018] .
They came to this very encouraging conclusion:
[…] In humans, CBD exhibits no effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential.
CBD has been demonstrated as an effective treatment of epilepsy in several clinical trials, with one pure CBD product (Epidiolex®) with completed Phase III trials and under current review for approval in the U.S. There is also preliminary evidence that CBD may be a useful treatment for a number of other medical conditions.
There is unsanctioned medical use of CBD based products with oils, supplements, gums, and high concentration extracts available online for the treatment of many ailments. CBD is generally well tolerated with a good safety profile. Reported adverse effects may be as a result of drug-drug interactions between CBD and patients’ existing medications.
Several countries have modified their national controls to accommodate CBD as a medicinal product. To date, there is no evidence of recreational use of CBD or any public health-related problems associated with the use of pure CBD
Hemp and marijuana are plants from the same family: Cannabis Sativa L. The major difference between them is that marijuana contains THC, a psychoactive compound which makes people feel high, and hemp doesn’t.
As a result:
- Hemp, defined as species of Cannabis Sativa L. containing less than 0.2% of THC, has been legal and widely cultivated for centuries. The food, construction and textile industries have used it for decades.
- Marijuana, defined as species of Cannabis Sativa L. containing more than 0.2% of THC, has psychoactive effects (it gets people “high”) and is classified as a narcotic almost everywhere.
Unfortunately there is still a lot of confusion between hemp and marijuana. Now that you know, we trust you’ll be soon hemp advocates 😉
At Fyllde, we extract CBD exclusively from authorised varieties of hemp in the European Union. As a consequence our products won’t get you “high” and are 100% legal.
Beyond its wellness properties, we predict that hemp will gain momentum in the coming years.The reason is simply that this plant can be used for a wide range of applications. And it is highly versatile, easy to grow, doesn’t need much water and is less ressource intensive than cotton for instance. Hemp had been forgotten during the twentieth century mostly because some lobbies (cotton, plastic) were afraid of loosing their hegemony.
Among others, hemp has the following applications:
- insulation: hemp has much better properties than mineral wool or any other natural fiber [source]
- food: hemp seeds are often referred to as “very nutritious” and hemp oil is extremely tasty [read more]
- textiles: hemp is considered an environmental “super fibre” [learn why]
Next time you buy a T-shirt, or if you plan to renovate your house, think about it twice. There may be an eco-friendly option coming from hemp to achieve what you are looking for 😉
At Fyllde we extract CBD from authorised varieties of hemp. We even go beyond by removing all remaining traces of THC. As a consequence our products are fully legal in all European countries.
Lost? We explain a few paragraphs above to understand the differences between hemp, marijuana and Cannabis Sativa L.!
We’re the first in Western Europe to propose full range of THC-free products. In fact, we advocate for a truly “0-THC” world. And we think it really matters. Why? Two reasons:
- Drug Tests – As explained previously, hemp contains almost no THC. European rules define “almost” as being 0.2%. As a consequence most CBD oils on the market may contain traces of THC. Although such doses are generally safe and would not make you feel “high”, one should not forget that THC is still strictly forbidden. Consequently most people don’t want to take the risk of failing a THC test.
Fyllde is the only option on the European market which safely passes THC tests.
- France – France is an important market for Fyllde – it is also the last country in Europe to keep a very peculiar framework on CBD. The French law authorises only THC-free CBD products. Fyllde’s THC-free certification offers our French customers complete peace of mind.
CBD was removed from the list of forbidden substances by the World anti-doping agency in late 2017, while THC remains strictly prohibited [Read more].
Athletes are said to use CBD for pain relief and against inflammation and anxiety [even though most claims are not backed by proper research yet].
According to their testimonies, CBD has the advantage of presenting almost no side effects nor any addiction as compared to regular medical treatments.
Fyllde’s products are certified THC-free. They comply with WADA requirements and can be used in competition.
If you don’t know where to start, the best is to visit our oils product category here: it’s the most versatile option to try CBD.
It is also wise to consult with a doctor. Especially if you already have a regular treatment to avoid any drug-drug interaction. Please note that our products are food supplements and not intended to cure any specific medical condition. Also, we are not qualified to give any medical advice.
If you have any questions on our products please feel free to reach out to us!
We offer full transparency in what our products composition. Below you can find our third party laboratory analysis results.
- Oil – certified with 0 THC
- Booster for e-liquid – certified with 0 THC
- Balm – may contain traces of THC (0.03%, 7 times less than the authorised threshold in Europe) which have no chance of ending up in your blood (unless you eat it, but that’s not what our balm is made for? 😉 ). We’re also working hard on THC-free options for cosmetics, stay tuned!